Introductory Ergonomic Training
Introductory Ergonomics Training- 2 days
Learn how simple adjustments using good ergonomics can make cost-effective changes in the workplace. The course is designed to help prevent musculo-skeletal injuries in the workplace. It focuses on developing an understanding of ergonomic principles and ways to bring ergonomic best practice into your workplace.
This course is best run on-site to make full use of the practical session.
Introductory Ergonomic Course Aims
Ergonomic Training can provide the skills and knowledge your workforce need to reduce impact of injury and absence. The course is a practical course and will help to give employees a good basic understanding of the role of ergonomics.
By the end of course delegates will
• Understand the impact of poor ergonomics on health and injury
• Be familiar with good ergonomic principles
• Know how to select appropriate ergonomic tools
• Undertake ergonomic assessments
• Prepare an action plan to address the problem
Introductory Ergonomics Training Programme
- Legal responsibilities under the regulations
- Health risks from poor ergonomics
- Measuring the cost to business
- Principles of ergonomics
- Assessing ergonomic issues in the workplace
- Ergonomic Design & Anthropometry
- Postural load and assessment
- Workplace design issues -lighting, equipment
- Measuring risk factors in the workplace
- Practical Ergonomic assessment.
- Identifying effective changes
- Reviewing the ergonomic impact of changes
Who should attend an Ergonomic Workshop
Anyone interested in improving the impact of workplace design on performance. This can include Health and safety specialists, managers, supervisors and staff who are responsible for carrying out risk assessments and implementing workplace improvements
Introductory Ergonomics Training Duration
Introductory Ergonomics Training Requirements
We would like you to provide a Training Room on-site, with:
- Appropriate seating for the delegates.
- A writing board or similar.
- Access to take photos and videos on-site for use within the training package
- Access to carry out practical assessments within your organisation
- Training Terms
- A 50% deposit on booking is required
- A maximum of 8-10 people per training session
- Travel costs to site additional