DSE Assessor Training Course
Benefits of DSE Risk Assessment Training to your organisation
A practical workshop for managers and employees involved in complying with the DSE Regulations. This course is designed to help assessors understand and perform DSE Risk Assessments to ensure a safe working environment for computer users. Delegates will be confident to provide
• Practical advice to reducing the risk of problems from computer use
• Implemention of strategies to prevent problems at work
• Use of ergonomic principles in the workplace
• Appropriate computer equipment for the task
• Effective DSE Risk Assessments
Why choose CA Ergonomics?
• Our trainers are registered Ergonomists with the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors IEHF.
• Trainers are registered with the Occupational Safety and health Consultants Register – OHSCR
• Our ergonomists have a wide range of expertise in delivering DSE Ergonomic assessments for public sector and private sector organisations.
• Courses have a high practical content involving case studies and scenarios based on the trainers practical expertise
• Courses are regularly updated with recent research and developments
• All our courses can be specifically tailored to meet the individual needs of your business
Who should attend DSE Assessor Training?
Anyone with responsibility for the health and safety of employees working with computers. This will include those wishing to undertake DSE computer assessments, employees responsible for health & safety or those involved in purchasing and ordering in office environments
DSE Risk Assessment Training Programme
DAY ONE- am
• Legal responsibilities under the regulations
• Health risks associated with computer use, posture vision & stress
• Principles of risk assessments
• Ergonomics principles– using it in the workplace
• Minimum workstation requirements – seating, lighting, equipment
• Work organisation
• Practical DSE assessment undertaken by delegates
DAY ONE – pm
• Work techniques and good practice
• Practical solutions for different DSE users– desktop, laptop, ipads, Tablets,
• Accommodating different users – big, tall , small
• Assessment different workplaces – home worker, mobile worker
• Review & selection of ergonomic products
• Case Studies of DSE users and issues in the workplace
• Recording and reviewing DSE risk assessments
DSE Risk Assessment Course Requirements
• A copy of your DSE Ergonomic Checklist if available
• A copy of the ‘Work with Display Screen Equipment’ guidance from the Health and Safety Executive. Available from www.hse.gov.uk
DSE Risk Assessment Training Facilities
We try to ensure our courses have a high practical content to give delegates confidence in performing their new skill. Where possible the following additions will improve the quality of the training.
• Appropriate seating for the delegates.
• A mock workstation comprising: a typical desk with typical office chair including a screen, keyboard, mouse, mouse mat and telephone, which need not be connected.
• 2-3 writing boards or similar for group work